Tuesday, October 13, 2015

French financiers



If there is one thing that can get me through any bad day, it is baking (and then eating). Nothing calms me like going through a simple recipe that I know will make the tastiest desert/biscuit/cake. It is almost like a therapy to me; each time I feel a bit on edge, and like I could snap if anyone dared to talk to me, I just wrap an apron around my waist, and set myself to work.
I actually think that it is a three steps process. There’s the making first, which makes me feel a lot better… Then there’s the doing-something-else-while-it’s-in-the-oven-and-making-your-whole-house-smell-like-heaven… What is more comforting than that, honestly? And then there’s the actual eating, but don’t get me started on that because I have the biggest sweet tooth and that would take hours…
I eat fairly healthy most of the time, solely because I have had health issues caused by junk eating in the past and don’t want to relieve them, but I’m not against a few exceptions every now and again… So be warned, those aren’t healthy, but damn are they delicious… So love yourself and give them a try! 








INGREDIENTS : 

  • 160g butter
  • 140g ground almond
  • 4 egg whites
  •  55g all-purpose flour
  • 140g sugar
  • 7.5g vanilla sugar
INSTRUCTIONS : 
  • Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F//Thermostat 6)
  • In a big bowl, add in all the dry ingredients (ground almond, flour, sugar and vanilla sugar) and sift.
  • Add the egg whites and stir until they are incorporated.
  • Melt the butter then add it to the mixture and mix until it turns into a smooth blend.
  • Pour the mixture into biscuits pan (I use a silicone one so that I don't have to butter them beforehand)
  • Put in the over for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are golden brown
  • ENJOY!!
I really hope you like this recipe, it honestly is so easy and so damn good! 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. Keep it up. Hope to read more post from you guys.

    Wendy
    www.gofastek.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, thank you so much! You have no idea how much that means to me, THANK YOU! I hope you're having a wonderful day!

      Delete