If there is one thing that can get me through any bad day, it is baking (and then eating). Nothing calms me like going through a simple recipe that I know will make the tastiest desert/biscuit/cake. It is almost like a therapy to me; each time I feel a bit on edge, and like I could snap if anyone dared to talk to me, I just wrap an apron around my waist, and set myself to work.
I actually think that it is a three steps process. There’s the making first, which makes me feel a lot better… Then there’s the doing-something-else-while-it’s-in-the-oven-and-making-your-whole-house-smell-like-heaven… What is more comforting than that, honestly? And then there’s the actual eating, but don’t get me started on that because I have the biggest sweet tooth and that would take hours…
I eat fairly healthy most of the time, solely because I have had health issues caused by junk eating in the past and don’t want to relieve them, but I’m not against a few exceptions every now and again… So be warned, those aren’t healthy, but damn are they delicious… So love yourself and give them a try!
- 160g butter
- 140g ground almond
- 4 egg whites
- 55g all-purpose flour
- 140g sugar
- 7.5g vanilla sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F//Thermostat 6)
- In a big bowl, add in all the dry ingredients (ground almond, flour, sugar and vanilla sugar) and sift.
- Add the egg whites and stir until they are incorporated.
- Melt the butter then add it to the mixture and mix until it turns into a smooth blend.
- Pour the mixture into biscuits pan (I use a silicone one so that I don't have to butter them beforehand)
- Put in the over for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are golden brown