Hi, guys! Yesterday my friend and I got together and decided to have a little baking party! We're both major Christmas enthusiasts and nothing gets us in the Christmas spirit like baking Christmassy things whilst watching The Holiday!
So right after searching for the perfect recipes on the internet, we set ourselves to work and spent most of the afternoon mixing flour and sugar! I thought I'd share the Crinkles recipe with you, because not only do these little biscuits look exactly like Christmas, they also tastes like Christmas in a cookie!
They are super easy to make and absolutely delicious, so if you have a bit of time one afternoon, you should definitely give them a try! I also thing that they'd be super nice to bring to a friend's house if you're invited somewhere!
Here's what you'll need :
- 50g salted butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 100g granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 210g all-purpose flour
- a pinch of salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- a bit of icing sugar
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in a bain-marie.
- Using a mixer, mix together the eggs, the sugar and the vanilla extract until it ups in volume a little bit.
- Add the melted chocolate (with the butter) into the mixture and whisk until smooth
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, the salt and the baking powder.
- Add them into the mixture and use your mixer again to mix them well.
- Cover with a cling film and chill in the fridge for about one hour.
- Preheat your oven to 170°C (340°F)
- Sprinkles some icing sugar into the bottom of a plate.
- Form small balls with the dough in the palm of your hands and roll them into the icing sugar before placing them on a baking sheet.
- Put the tray into the oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
And there you have it! I really hope you'll like them!