Wednesday, January 20, 2016

My January favorites

 


I know that January isn’t over yet, but I’ve had this love-list I’ve wanted to share with you for the past fifteen days and I just couldn’t wait anymore! There are SO MANY things that I’ve been loving since the beginning of the year and it was really difficult for me to narrow this list down to only ten items, but I managed to do it, and I’m pretty happy with what I ended up choosing! So let’s get into this! 

1. Belle Chérie, eau de parfum - Fragonard 


I didn’t hesitate even for a second for this one! I knew ever since I bought it, in the end of December, that I would want to talk about it on this blog! I’m a love-at-first-sniff kind of girl when it comes to perfume, and oh did I feel it in me instantly. I really don’t know how to describe it, it’s a quite flowery smell, but it’s also quite strong, which is a must for me when it comes to perfume! I visited the Fragonard factory in the south of France when I was pretty young and I was so happy when I found out that there was a shop in the little village I stayed in back in December! I knew I had to buy one! You can purchase it HERE if you want (or just scroll through their website because everything is beautiful anyway).



2. Skin trainer anti-spot serum - Kiko Milano


This Kiko serum is my life saver! I have been searching for a nice serum that isn’t too expensive for the LONGEST time (I swear), and when I saw this one, I just grabbed it (it was the last one in the store I was in) and held onto it really tight to make sure no one would steal it from me! I use a lot of Kiko products (mostly their lipsticks, nail polishes, and makeup remover) and I’ve always found that they are a very good price/quality ratio… Now this one is a different thing… This thing, in my opinion, could be a high-hand one… it feels and works like a high-hand one anyway, the only difference is that it’s MUCH cheaper! You can purchase it HERE if you want, or search for more of their products, because most of them are worse a try!   


3. Glittery body-oil - Cottage


Okay, so, I did get this body oil for Christmas, and I had never heard of this brand before, but I really like this product! It’s a shimmery one, so I made sure to use it for New Year, and I was amazed by how amazing it smelt, and how amazing it felt on my skin. I remember that the first time I put it on, I was having kind of a bad day, I was home alone and I was just trying to pick myself up by taking care of myself… And then I put it on and looked at myself in the mirror, and a huge smile appeared on my face. I started laughing (yes, I was alone, in my bedroom, don’t judge me) and I just said “well, everything’s better now, I’m f*cking shining!”… and I really meant it! You can check their website HERE if you want!



4. 40mm lens - Canon


That was another one of my Christmas presents, and I really wasn’t expecting it! It’s a 40mm lens, and at first I had no idea what I would be using this for; I just had no idea it even existed, but then I tried it on, and now I keep switching back and forth between this one and the 18-55mm lens I already had, because this one is absolutely FANTASTIC! The quality just blows my mind, each time I take a picture, I feel like it’s the most beautiful one I’ve ever taken! It’s great for interior pictures, night ones, and also for when you really want to play with depth of field! It’s also very light, which makes a huge difference when you don’t want to be bothered with a big, heavy camera!

  

5. Micellar water - Bioderma


I know I’m really late on this one, but I’ve recently had an appointment with a dermatologist, and while it was quite useless overall, she still recommended this product, and I now hate myself for not giving it a try sooner, when my friends and literally everyone started raving about it, 2 years ago! It’s such a gentle makeup remover, but I also use it as a lotion/cleanser/toner… When I feel like my face needs to be refreshed… I can’t really explain it, but I’m in love with it, and I’ve only bought a small bottle so far, because I wanted to just try it, but I’ll go for the big one next time, and preferably buy them by twos!


6. Colorburst matte balm - Revlon


Here again, I’m super late, BUT I had wanted to buy a Revlon balm for so long, and then I found out that I wasn’t a big fan of matte lipstick and kind of dropped the idea… But earlier this month, I walked into a shop my mom and I used to go to every week a few years ago, where everything is last season, but usually half price! I bought a few pieces and I was about to pay when I saw these little guys standing near the cashier and again, half price! So I picked this one up and my mom chose another one (slightly pinker) and here again, I slapped myself for not trying it sooner! It’s so easy to apply (which was what I was fearing), it doesn’t dry out your lips, and it stays in place for so long! I was really impressed and I’ll definitely go back to pick up more shades because I think I’ll very quickly become addicted to it! 


7. Mosturizer - Avène


I was very happy when my sister-in-law’s grandmother gave that to me on Christmas, because this is the kind of thing I always want, but never purchase for myself for some reason… It’s just a plain moisturizer that I put on before I go to bed (because I prefer a mattifying one for daytime) and my skin feels so soft and healthy when I wake up, it always puts me in a good mood!

 

8. Mattifying sunscreen - Avène



No, this post isn’t sponsored by Avène (I wish, ahah!) but after I was given the moisturizer, I thought I’d try more of their product! My dermatologist also told me that I had to avoid the sun at all cost (okay, maybe it wasn’t as useless as I said it was) and so I decided to buy this mattifying sun screen from Avène, as I knew I already loved their cream. I use it as my only “moisturizer” in the morning and I know it’s bad but I just can’t stand putting anything heavy on my face in the morning, so I thought I’d just stick to that for now! I love how smooth my skin feels and it’s not really expensive so of course, that’s a bonus! You can check Avene’s product right HERE if you’re interested! 


9. Bathrobe - Oysho


This is some serious love I feel for this bathrobe! My brother got me this for Christmas, and it’s from one of my favorite brands Oysho… You wouldn’t believe how soft it is… You just wouldn’t! I put it on at night after my shower and I feel like… I don’t know if you did that when you were a child, but sometimes, I used to close my eyes and imagine that I was lying in a cloud, and like it was so soft and fluffy and cozy and… Well I’m in a cloud when I wear this bathrobe! It’s also very pretty and girly and everything is perfect and I can’t get enough of it, I want to grow old with this!
 

10. Mug - Anthropologie


Last but by no mean least! This Anthropologie mug is something I had been lurking on for over a year now, and my eyes got so big when I opened this gift from my friend that I thought I was going to lose them! It’s really funny because I also got her an Anthropologie mug (not the same because they didn’t have her letter anymore)! This thing is perfect… I’m a tea and coffee lover anyway, so anything related to it always make me happy, but I feel like this is such a special present, and I think about her each time I drink in it (several times a day)! So thank you again, Clara, you’re the best! 

https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/french-pier-14237363



No comments:

Post a Comment