Sunday, July 31, 2016

Monthly goals #August


Before setting new goals for August, I'd like to just take a moment to reflect on July, and point out what's been good about it, and what made this month a good one.

  • Productivity : 


Especially with this blog, I've been pretty productive, I've written quite a lot of posts (a lot are yet to be posted!), I've brainstormed a lot, and so I have quite a few ideas for future article and I've been overall really happy about the way I've been working on it all!

  • Reading : 


One of my main goals for July was to make time for reading. I've always read a lot, but this year I've made it a habit of mine to read while I was heading to college, which was great until college ended and I found myself not reading anymore because I didn't have those moments in my days to do it.
But this past month I've included that again into my routine and it just feels so good!

  • Workout : 


Now I really do hear myself on this one, because I'm really not one to workout... I've always been a runner, and that's something I would have gladly done everyday, unfortunately I can't run anymore at the moment because my knees are killing me everytime I try. I'm in the middle of severals meetings with severals doctors to see what's wrong, but in the mean time, no more running for me! So I decided that I needed to workout a bit instead, just to keep a physical activity, and I've been better at it than I thought I'd be, so I'm really happy with that!

Now on to my goals for AUGUST!!
  • Go out more : 


I just have that urge to spend some time outside, see my friends or family and just breath in some air at the moment. It's not easy at the moment because all of my friends decided to leave the city to go on holiday at the same time, so I don't have anyone to hang out with, but August should be different! First of all, I'm spending one week by the seaside with my friends, and another on in the mountains with my family, so I should definitely be out a lot more! For the two last weeks, I just really want to get out of my house everyday, see my friends, and just enjoy some time out :)

  • Don't binge as much : 


My eternal struggle... This is pretty self-explanatory, I'm a binge eater, and it doesn't make me feel good at all, ever... So I just want to be more aware of that and fight this ED a bit harder next month! I know I can do it, and I think the summer months are really good for that, because there are plenty of fruits and salads to eat!

  • Spend less time on the computer : 


This kind of goes with the 'going out more' thing. I just want to be enjoy the nature and all, but even when I'm home, I'd rather cook,, read a magazine, do some cleaning than spending hours on my computer... This makes me so lazy!
  • Take more photographs : 


I love taking pictures! Absolutely love it! But I haven't been able to take a lot in July, because I was either laking the opportunity, or I found a stupid excuse not to take my camera with me when I went out... I want August to be different regarding that! I'm going to spend a great deal of time outside, surrounding by amazing landscapes, and amazing people and I want to capture it all!

  • Spend less money : 


I've never been one to plurge, and I haven't been doing that lately, but I've been spending small amounts of money a bit too often, which means that at the end of the months, when you sum it all up, it's kind of a small (very small but still) disaster and I don't really like that. There is nothing that I do need, I'm laking of nothing, so I really want August to be about good moments and good memories ranther than good purchases!


https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/french-pier-14237363


8 comments:

  1. Great goals for this month!! I totally need to make a list for myself :) Always a good idea to set goals. Thanks for sharing!

    xo Raina
    www.themamaqueen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I think it's a great way to kind f stay focused for the whole month, and I also think it's great to think about things you could have done and try them the upcoming month ;) thanks a lot for commenting, hope you're having a nice day xx

      Delete
  2. These are awesome goals, need to do some for myself this month :)

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you so much, that means a lot! Have a nice day xx

      Delete
  3. This is so nice, it is super important to reflect on the positive things you have done while still leaving room for improvements! Thanks for sharing, this has encouraged me to better some aspects of my life as well!
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I really do think it's crutial! It's super important to recognize that there are some things you actually did right, and still think about ways to improve yourself! That's really moticating! Thank you so much for reading this post and leaving such a nice comment, it means a lot xx

      Delete
  4. i love this! you have such an amazing blog :D

    mfashionfreak♥blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so so much, this is so nice of you! Hope you're having a nice day xx

      Delete