5 camping tips

By Lucie Aubry - August 21, 2016




So I know summer is almost over (sorry, not sorry, I just love Autumn too much not to be excited about that!), but I also know that a lot of people go on vacation late August/early September, so I still think this could be useful! 

I went camping this summer, and although this wasn’t the first time I was doing it, it was the first time that I did it with people who had never done it, so I was kind of the “expert” of the group, which comes with a few responsibilities (but no pressure, we were on vacation!)
So here are my 5 tips, in order to make your camping trip a great experience ! 


#1: Try the tent before hand


I’m not saying you have to sleep in the tent before the actual trip, but trying to set up the tent before leaving for the big adventure, can come in very handy! You can do it in your garden, or in your local park, but it’s important that you know how it works (at least have a general idea) before going… You never know in what circumstances you’re gonna have to set it up in the first night, it could be raining, it could be pitch dark… So knowing each steps of the setup is really important.


#2: Take mosquito repellent


You know that girl that wakes up covered in mosquito bites when everyone else is totally clean of any? Yep, that’s me, they call ME a mosquito repellent, because when I’m in the room, no one else gets bitten. So obviously, I never go on holiday without mosquito repellent, and it’s especially important on a camping trip, because you spend most of your time outside, and if a mosquito enters your tent… Well…Game over. 

  

#3: Do your groceries at local market



 Obviously there are things you can’t buy at local markets, like shower gel, toilet paper… But for anything food, it’s just the perfect place to buy your stuffs. First of all, you won’t be able to preserve food, because you won’t have a fridge, so you’ll have to go with it day by day, and decide in the morning what you’re gonna be eating during the day, then go shopping. Local market are perfect, because you’re buying fresh food, ready to be eaten (which is generally not the case in supermarket), and you’re also supporting the local economy of the place you’re visiting, which is always great.


#4: Take at least one warm outfit


This is so important guys! You could be going to the warmer place in the world, and still need it. The temperature could drop during the night, or something, and you’d be only too happy to have a pair of jeans and a warm sweater to put on before sliding into your duvet! 


#5: Wear sunscreen


As I’ve said above, the whole point of going on a camping trip, is spending 99% of your time outside, which means that you’re exposed to UV… Which is never good. So take 98 liters of sunscreen in your bag, and apply it as soon as you waked up, then re-apply every two hours and you should be okay, and go home with a nice, harmless tan, and no sunburn at all! 


https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/french-pier-14237363

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. Great tips! Thank you for sharing!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thank you for reading ;) xx

      Delete
  2. Fab tips! Thanks so much for sharing :)

    http://www.thebutter.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. The most important thing during summer! THank you for reading AND for commenting! xx

      Delete
  4. Great tips! thank you for sharing...
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    IG @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, thank you so much for reading! Have a nice day xx

      Delete
  5. You made me have a good laugh with your bring 98 liters of sunscreen comment :) I love camping but haven't been for ages. It's still winter where I live so I think I might reintroduce it into my life as soon as I get the chance :)

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, that's true, though, you definitely don't want to run out! I'm so excited for Autumn/Winter here, I like it soooo much when it gets colder! Hope you'll get the opportunity to do it! Thank you for commenting, I hope you have a nice day! xx

      Delete
  6. These are good tips, I am starting to enjoy camping in the summer, will remember these :) xx

    www.fashionjazz.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a fun thing to do! Hope you enjoy it! Thank you so much for leaving a comment :) xx

      Delete