Must read : The Husdand's secret by Liane Moriarty

By Lucie Aubry - September 04, 2016


I can't remember where I heard of this book, or why I bought it, I just know that I've had it in my bookshelf for quite a while and that I only recently decided to read it!

It's one of those books where the author tells you about a few characters, what their lives look like, without yet telling you how or why they're connected. So the plot doesn't come straight away, but you know something is going to happen, as the author hints at it, and you just keep imagining things until you actually get to the moment of truth, the moment that will change the peaceful lives of all the characters you've already grown attached to.

The story takes place in Australia, between Melbourne and Sydney, and I don't think I've ever read a book that takes place there, so I really liked how uncommon it was.

It's a truly addictive book. I just couldn't put it down, and I even sometimes seemed a bit rude as I would read it while people had conversations around me, ahah! It is just unputdownable

I think this is an amazing book to read in summer, on the beach, by the pool, by the bonfire... It's very lightly written, and yet there are a great life lesson behind it and I think it's a great reminder to enjoy the little things in life, and to remember that whatever struggle we're going through, we're definitely not alone!

I'll be sure to read other books from Liane Moriarty, I just loved this one too much! xx

https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/french-pier-14237363

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. I'm going to start reading it!

    http://www.martapozzan.com/2016/09/fall-16-aritzia-2/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It truly is worth it! I really hope you'll like it! xx

      Delete
  2. Great post! I've been looking for a new book to read.

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one is a really good one! If you want to give this a try, I'd love to hear what you think of it ;) xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely post. I've been dying for a good novel list actually - I'll check this one out. Xx

    www.inesinla.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I definitely recommend it! Such a lovely book to read!
      Thanks for taking the time to read and leave a comment xx

      Delete
  4. I've never read a book placed in Australia too! Who would have thought... Nice one for those long September nights :)

    http://carmelatte.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was such a surprise for me as well! And a nice one! Yep, absolutely!
      Lucie, xx

      Delete
  5. Great post! I must read it :)
    XXX, https://travelcreateandfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely do recommend it :) Thanks for readind xx

      Delete
  6. Oh, thank you for sharing it! It sound so nice I think I need to give it a go :)

    Check out my blog if you want: www.theglamandglitter.com

    Tamara xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is a great great one, and if you do have time, it's really worth it! :) thanks for reading and leaving a comment xx

      Delete