Summer 2017 : South West of France

By The French Pier - November 12, 2017



I can’t believe it’s November and I still haven’t posted those pictures. I have absolutely no idea where the time went or what happened since I took them, I can’t help but feel like it’s some sort of a joke and Christmas is NOT actually just around the corner! 

I haven’t yet posted my summer pictures, that’s how busy things have been from September to pretty much now, but that’s alright, that’s how I like it. 

I had an epic summer and did so many things, and I can’t even begin to tell you how happy those two months off have been rewarding for me. I met a lot of new people and experienced new things and it had a massive impact on the sort of mindset I was in when I got back to school (way better than last year.)

The first thing I did was take a week off with my dad to go explore a part of France the both of us had never seen: the south west. 

The first thing that comes to my mind is that it was one of the windiest place I’ve ever been to! But of course it was very pretty as well, and it’s so so different from the south east, which I’ve come to know pretty well by now.  




 This pretty little city is Alby, which is well known for its cathedral. I just really liked that it was so pink, and even though it was the middle of the summer, it was still very green. 





For the most part of the week we stayed in Carcassone which is an old fortified city. It was so cool to just walk in the middle of this medieval place, and just wander there for hours, then have a drink in the middle of an old square.





 The main reason why we went there was to visit some of the Chateaux Cathares. Those castles were built directly out of the rock, on some sort of cliff and it’s such a spectacle to drive up to this, and then walk up to the top of the castle. (here again it was so windy I sometimes had to hold onto the rock in order not to fall.)




Lastly, we visited a tiny teeny little village, called La Couvertoirade, and I think it was one of the cutest place I ever went to (I also had the best salad ever). I really think those pictures don’t do it justice at all, if you’re ever in the south of France, I really recommend this place. 

https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/french-pier-14237363



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. Replies
    1. It really is an amazing place to visit! :) xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you had amazing time! I actually love live in the South south of France and can totally agree that it has some of the cutest little villages x

    LoneTeenTraveller | Travel Fashion Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the best time, it's an amazing place to go for a quick holiday! Thanks a lot for checking my blog xx

      Delete
  3. I've never been to France, but for a moment I felt as if I got to experience it first-hand...and it looks delightful!
    Thanks for sharing these with us!

    Steph
    Social Spying

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you'll get to see this with your own eyes one of these days!!
      Thanks a lot for this lovely comment! xx

      Delete
  4. That place is beautiful. There's this board game that I love playing, it's called Carcassone. It's medieval themed and allows you to build cities and the like. I never knew it was named after a real place!


    Joy to the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I had never heard about this game!! It must be so fun! Thank you for checking my blog out! xx

      Delete
  5. Ohhh the pictures look so lovely! I really need to go to France at some point! :)
    XX Christine

    ReplyDelete