3 movies I've watched and loved

By Lucie Aubry - August 28, 2016



Love, Rosie





I’ve talked about this movie before in a favorite, but I can’t get over how much I liked it so I’m going to say it again! It took me some time to watch it, because I’m not the kind of person to sit for 2 hours and just watch a movie, but that’s something that I’m really trying to do more and I started with this one! I’ve loved Lily Collins ever since she’s played in Secret Identity with Taylor Lautner, but I think this role was just absolutely perfect for her. 

The love story is just amazingly balanced, it’s not too much, not too cliché, just perfectly dosed and it works very well for me. What I loved the most was the whole ‘British vibe’ in this movie. Like, no joke, the only thing I wanted to do after watching this was pack a bag and go explore the British country side for a while! 

So if you’re looking for something ‘light’ to watch, something pleasant, maybe on a rainy afternoon, with a boiling cup of tea, then definitely give this one a go. And let’s be honest, Sam Calflin smile’s alone is reason enough to watch this! 

The Wolf of Wall Street




Here again, I’m very late to the party, but you really need to have quite some time ahead of you to start this one! It’s about 2 hours and 45 minutes long, so be sure you’re comfortably seated. What really blew my mind with this one, is Leonardo DiCaprio’s performance… Of course I’ve loved him ever since I saw Titanic for the first time, but we’re talking about serious acting skill right here. Finance is something that has always interested me and I even considered studying it for a while, so I found it really interesting to kind of see the ‘behind the scene’ of it, even though it’s a movie and has to be exaggerated for plot purposes. There’s hidden life lesson throughout the whole movie, and I really liked that you could just take the ones that interest you the most! Very good movie, definitely worth sitting down for three hours to watch!


Here again, I’m very late to the party, but you really need to have quite some time ahead of you to start this one! It’s about 2 hours and 45 minutes long, so be sure you’re comfortably seated. What really blew my mind with this one, is Leonardo DiCaprio’s performance… Of course I’ve loved him ever since I saw Titanic for the first time, but we’re talking about serious acting skill right here. Finance is something that has always interested me and I even considered studying it for a while, so I found it really interesting to kind of see the ‘behind the scene’ of it, even though it’s a movie and has to be exaggerated for plot purposes. There’s hidden life lesson throughout the whole movie, and I really liked that you could just take the ones that interest you the most! Very good movie, definitely worth sitting down for three hours to watch!

Finding Dory





This is going to get me judged by a lot of people, but I’ve never been a ‘motion picture’ kind of girl… Like my mother couldn’t get me to watch a Disney movie from start to finish when I was a little girl, and except for Mulan, I don’t think I’ve ever seen one completely nor enjoyed one… I saw Finding Nemo not that long ago, because my friends kept talking about it and I thought it was quite sweet and quite good and I guess I sort of liked it. 

I have to admit that if it hadn’t been for my friends wanting to go see Finding Dory, I wouldn’t have gone by myself, but I really didn’t regret it. It’s just a sweet little thing to watch when you’re in need of some comfort I think. Here again I think that the ‘lessons’ behind the cute story are what I really liked the most, and it’s amazing to see that a ‘simple movie’ can make you think so much about your life and who you are! 

https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/french-pier-14237363


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. the wolf of wall street is such a good film! :)

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! It's a massterpiece! xx

      Delete
  2. love, rosie is such a good movie i love it as well !

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably going to watch it again really soon! I loved it so much! Thank you for stopping by and leaving a comment! Have a nice day xx

      Delete
  3. The wolf of wall street is a fab film - it was so long though?! We had to watch it in three parts :p
    Feel free to check out our latest post x
    LOOK LOVE WEAR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, me too! We definitely paused in the middle of it to eat ;)xx

      Delete
  4. The Wolf of Wall Street definitely is one of my favorites as of lately. It was a long yeah, I agree with the Vera, but it was sooo worth it tho! http://fablefrique.com/hunkemoller-fashion-week-favorites/ xx Frederique

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, you said it! Totally worth it! ;) Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment!

      Delete
  5. The Wolf of Wallstreet is absolutely fantastic! Such an amazing movie.

    Love, Kerstin
    http://www.missgetaway.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Wolf of Wall Street is one of my favorites movies! *-*
    Kisses from Barcelona! :*

    http://nunubobomama.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeaaah! So so good! Thanks for reading and commenting! Have a nice day xx

      Delete
  7. The Wolf of Wall street is a brilliant film!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'd love to see Finding Dory (I'm a huge fan of Finding Nemo!) - and as you said, it's fantastic how such sweet movies made for children can raise questions of your life and society. Hope to find it here in Italy in English... Could be difficult...

    Wolf of Wallstreet is a highly interesting movie but I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you'll be able to find it! It's also very relaxing, like the perfect thing to watch on a rainy day (I say that cause it's rainy here in Paris!) thanks a lot for reading and commenting! xx

      Delete
  9. I love watching love, rosie. It's a cute chick flick movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I just snuggle up with a warm blanket and put it on ;) Thanks for commenting, have a nice day xx

      Delete
  10. I absolutely LOVE 'Love, Rosie'! Literally never get bored of it. 'The Wolf of Wall Street' is amazing as well - I'll never understand how Leo didn't get an Oscar for it! I am yet to watch 'Finding Dory', it's on my list!

    whatevawears.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, same here! I can't remember who won the Ocsar that year, but he must've have made a hell of a performance to win against Leo in that movie! You'll see it's such a cute movie, so heart-warming! Thanks a lot for leaving a comment xx

      Delete