They've got the kingdom locked up

By Lucie Aubry - June 30, 2017


I'm really sorry I haven't written any post in so long, but I was very very very busy with exams and didn't really have any time to do anything bu study... BUT I'm all done with exams this year so I'm back and so exciiiiited to come up with new things!

The other day, my father and I were home and kind of just chilling around and he came up with the idea of going to visit a little castle he had heard of an hour away from where we live.

So we took off, and although it was not the prettiest of days, we had a lovely lunch at a café's terrasse and then bought two tickets to visit the castle.

I've always been very interested in history, and although visiting Versailles and seeing the wealth that's clearly shown there, I also really like visiting smaller properties, and learning more about how people used to live back then.

The visit was very nice because you could visit the rooms inside, but you could also take a walk up the walway, which offered a lovely view of the whole village.







What about you? What do you like to do during your weekends/time off?

https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/french-pier-14237363

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

20 comments

  1. This looks like such a nice little getaway, especially after the exams! I found that going out with my friends made me feel relaxed after the exams. x Nikita

    BLOG//Jasmine Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, this is an amazing way to just let go of all the stress that you've been experiencing for a while! Thanks a lot for stopping by and commenting :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow this castle looks absolutely amazing! What a cool way to spend a weekend : )
    xx
    Céline blogging on http://www.smultronstaellen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a nice castle yeah! Thank you for your comment ! xx

      Delete
  3. enjoy reading ur post..

    visit mine?
    Regards,
    Mrs. Aa
    www.bymrsaa.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cool location. I love old castles.
    Beautiful pictures.
    Have a beautiful evening. Love, Esther

    https://lifestyle-tale.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's a really nice comment! xx

      Delete
  5. this is beautiful, IDK If you like Reign, but I am getting Queen Mary & King Francis vibes here--I want to go!!

    katelyn/ www.theyellowspectacles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the second time you tell me about this show and now I just want to watch is so so bad I'll see where I can find it :) Thanks a lot for stopping by xx

      Delete
  6. OMG that castle looks beautiful! What a fun adventure, I love doing things spur of the moment!

    Lauren Lindmark | dailydoseofcharm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, me too, they're usually the best moments! Thanks a lot for your comment :) xx

      Delete
  7. Nice!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram @grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love visiting historic places in my downtime! xx

    rhymeandribbons.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best thing! I always feel so calm after that, I don't really know why... Thanks a lot for stopping by xx

      Delete
  9. wow! the place looks so amazing and so beautiful!! <3

    xoxo, rae
    http://www.raellarina.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's a really nice comment, hope you're having a lovely day xx

      Delete
  10. Amazing place! I follow you, I hope you will follow me back ♥
    https://marized.blogspot.rs/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, that means a lot :) xx

      Delete